2.03.2011

Job Prospecting

Well, I have had two job interviews this week.

Tuesday was at Powers Agency, which provides supplemental benefits to Unions. They told me I would have 15-16 hour days. That would be a no go. I have to have time with my baby. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to start until May anyway and they want someone to start putting in those kinds of hours now. I can't do that EVER, let alone while I am in school.

Yesterday morning I interviewed at Banker's Life and Casualty. They help with retirement planning and medicaid supplements. I think I would like that, I always enjoyed older people. It also will mean a 6 figure income in a few years. It was an odd interview, a group interview. From the group, they take people they like and call for a second interview. I got a call for a 2nd interview this morning. I don't know that they will want me, since I want to go to law school, but apparently they liked me well enough to call me back. Either way, it would be a good position. I could afford nice horses and private school for Kiley! Oh, and benefits!!

While I would be thrilled landing a job at Bankers, I would also be okay with not getting that job. I am trying to let God take the wheel and be okay with life on life's terms, rather than stressing over life not happening on my terms. That is a constant struggle for me.

I also called Mike Craig, who owns and operates Craig Performance Horses. I may have a chance to train with him and get into reiners, which I have been wanting to do for a long time. With this job, I could afford to buy a reiner. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment