3.09.2011

Cloth diapers and the like

Well, lately I have been thinking about the world my daughter will grow up in, and how I can do my part to make sure there are not too little resources for too many people. This has led to several decisions.

1. Switching to cloth diapers and reusable wipes. It has actually not been so bad. There are covers and inserts, and even rice paper so you can just dump the poop in the toilet. She has a rash, though, and I think it may be from sleeping with the rice paper against her skin all night. I may even need to get up and change her diaper once a night now. At daycare she will still use disposables and I will only be using the reusable wipes at home. The reusable wipes are just peices of soft fabric that I soak in a solution.

2. I will only give birth to one more child, if I can help it. If I want a third, I will adopt. One child per parent leads to a flat population growth, and since there is already overpopulation, it is the best way to preserve the planet, not to cause exponential growth.

3. I am trying not to use or buy things that I don't need and won't use.

Being a mommy has made me so conscientious. It is one of the many good things about becoming a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment