3.05.2011

Lately

Well, I have made the decision to move back to Columbus when I graduate and live with my parents until I can get on my feet financially.

I really do not think I will wind up in Kentucky anyway. They are not very big on quarter horse showing here, and that's what I want to be involved in. Also, the law schools here only prepare students for practicing law in Kentucky. I would like a broader range of options.

I may have to put off law school, too. I have heard only the top law schools have students gaining employment out of law school. I think I would be fine there, but it would be smarter to work a few years before law school, pay my mom back for loans, pay back my Sallie Mae loan, and save some so that I am not paying loans back later. That will also give me time tofind and apply for fellowships, grants, and scholarships.

I also have this little pipe dream of starting to build up a boarding business in the next few years, starting to invest in a few lesson horses to teach lessons on, etc. and getting a new show horse and being able to show on a little more competitive scale on a breed show level. Eventually, I want to take in Open show training clients and work my way up to Breed shows.

One thing at a time though and before I get ahead of myself, I would like to take Kandi to some open shows first to get back into showing my own horse. This means I need to find the kind of job which allows for this.

Anyway, this is just thinking out loud. Who knows where life will really take me? I am sure everything will turn out fine. I am just glad to be moving home to have a chance to build up a nestegg!

Senioritis is really kicking in. 10 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment